We aim to provide a working environment that empowers each team member to be the best that they can be, in a role they love. We pride ourselves in being hard working yet fun, motivated yet chill and successful yet aspirational.
Applicants, please email email@example.com
Current open roles.
We are a team of storytellers, engineers, dreamers and doers who are united by a passion for solving meaningful problems, and driven by a desire to make a difference. We own the intersection of strategy, creativity and technology to craft experiences that people love.
Primarily we design, architect and develop using the JAMStack methodology, producing headless CMS experiences with react (Gatsby) front ends. You will be joining a team of talented creators responsible for delivering innovative solutions across a wide range of disciplines. If this sounds like you, please, keep reading.
We are looking for a Senior front end developer who is passionate about their craft, curious about the possibilities, pragmatic in their delivery and courteous in their mentoring. We are looking for a problem solver who can apply previous experience and expertise to deliver solutions for our clients and projects as well as support and improve our development processes.
The Flight team is a high functioning, cross disciplinary team comprised of developers, designers, project managers and marketing specialists. Your role will be to play a pivotal part in this team by providing technical guidance and leadership across many product offerings.
You will also be responsible for helping to create and implement processes that continue to grow technical standards and efficiency amongst your peers.
- Work as part of a development team to create market leading web and mobile applications.
- Collaborate with project managers, designers and marketers to help deliver practical and engaging development solutions for clients
- Actively contribute to Flight’s company culture
- Work closely with other web developers on larger projects
- Challenge and be a key contributor in developing our technical processes to help us innovate and improve our operational efficiencies
- Design front-end architecture that integrates with other systems and technologies.
- Help translate technical solutions to an understandable format for both clients and the internal team.
- Mentoring and managing other developers in the team
Extensive knowledge of modern best practice development methodologies (webpack, gitflow etc)
- Experience working with QA teams and processes
- Excellent communication skills, both internal and external
- Strong understanding of responsive & adaptive design principles, including experience with responsive frameworks
- Strong working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatibility (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.) for dynamic web applications
- A desire and willingness to learn new things
- Pride and ownership in what you create
- Enjoy collaborating as part of a team
- Experience working with content management systems or server side frameworks is a plus (Wordpress, drupal, laravel | AWS)
- Experience working with GraphQL would be a plus
- Experience working with other languages such as SQL, PHP would be a plus.
A bit more about us.
We're a small, independent and fast growing agency with a huge vision, which means there's a lot of opportunity for growth here at Flight.
We aim to foster an environment which allows each member of our team to be the best that they can be, in a role that they love and to lead a life that they aspire to live in doing so.
We also have some pretty sweet perks here at Flight, including healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, an office bar, regular social events as well as a supportive and progressive leadership team.
And if that's not enough, we provide paid birthday leave.
If you think you can picture your future at Flight, send us a note, attach some previous work and start the conversation - firstname.lastname@example.org
What will I do?
Our Account Director is responsible for providing both strategic and tactical leadership for a portfolio of business. You will be responsible for ‘wrapping the agency around your clients’ businesses’, establishing, maintaining, and growing quality relationships. You’ll be responsible for delivering to a market-leading standard of work across strategy, creative, technology, and performance marketing. Most importantly, you’ll be an ambitious, empathetic team leader who is keen to develop people, processes, initiatives, and culture.
What are my responsibilities?
- Implement and actively lead an effective business development strategy to ensure the company meets its revenue targets.
- Manage the overall portfolio profitability and performance; working with client services to develop and negotiate statements of work and ensuring the work is delivered on budget. Proactively track portfolio performance across the teams and report on key metrics and opportunities to the Managing Director regularly.
- Assist client services in developing client engagement strategies for key clients and work with department heads, and project teams to execute plans. Identify needs that key clients may not recognize and ensure that approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs.
- Manage the individuals within your craft. Provide direction, training, inspiration, motivation and advice in order to upskill and improve the entire craft. Nurture key talent and drive retention.
- Onboard and train all new talent within your craft. Implement a performance appraisal system that drives high performance. Assistance provided by People & Culture.
- Assist the People manager to attract and interview talent for your craft.
- Assist the Managing Director and General Manager to refine Flight Digital’s internal processes and systems to improve quality of output and overall company efficiency.
- Assist the Managing Director and General Manager to communicate and implement the organization's vision, mission, and overall direction.
- Maintain awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for growth, new industry developments, and standards. Act as a thought leader in the Industry.
- Work closely with our Strategists and Creative Director to provide market-leading solutions for clients businesses.