Join our team.
Working at Flight means working with passionate people that push the boundaries of what’s trending. We’re crazy about making the complicated simple. Coming up with ideas that work harder. Turning the boring into interesting. And exploring our curiosity, daily. We’re all about making life easy for our clients, their customers and ourselves. We show up to do great and feel good. It’s more than just a job, it’s a place to grow. Come hang out with us - you know you want to.
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current open roles.
Flight is seeking an ambitious intermediate developer to join us on our mission to craft digital experiences that transform the way brands connect with their customers. Flight’s developers are passionate about their craft, curious about the possibilities, pragmatic in their delivery and courteous in their mentoring. In this role you’ll be responsible for scoping, planning and delivering future-ready solutions for our clients. You’ll be a proactive technical solutions expert who can apply previous experience and expertise to deliver solutions for our clients and projects. You’ll help to create and implement processes that continue to grow technical standards and efficiency of our work amongst your peers.
Primarily we design, architect and develop using the JAMStack methodology, producing headless CMS experiences with react (Gatsby) front ends. You will be joining a team of talented creators responsible for delivering innovative solutions across a wide range of disciplines. If this sounds like you, please, keep reading.
- Work as part of a development team to create market leading web and mobile applications.
- Collaborate with project managers, designers and marketers to help deliver practical and engaging development solutions for clients
- Actively contribute to Flight’s company culture
- Work closely with other web developers on larger projects
- Challenge and be a key contributor in developing our technical processes to help us innovate and improve our operational efficiencies
- Design front-end architecture that integrates with other systems and technologies.
- Help translate technical solutions to an understandable format for both clients and the internal team
- Extensive knowledge of modern best practice development methodologies (webpack, gitflow etc)
- Experience working with QA teams and processes
- Excellent communication skills, both internal and external
- Strong understanding of responsive & adaptive design principles, including experience with responsive frameworks
- Strong working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatibility (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.) for dynamic web applications
- A desire and willingness to learn new things
- Pride and ownership in what you create
- Enjoy collaborating as part of a team
- 3 years working with Sanity CMS, React, Netlify, Gatsby
Remuneration The salary range for this role is $75,000NZD to $100,000NZD. The final salary will be determined based on the level of expertise and experience the applicant brings to the organisation.
The role is full time permanent and requires 40 hour work week.
There will be no overtime required for this position and it is limited to a maximum of 40 hours per week.
Location and hours
The position is located at 16-18 Beresford Square Auckland CBD and is primarily between the hours of 8.30am and 5pm, in the office from Monday to Friday.
Senior Account Manager
Senior Account Manager
We're a digitally-led agency that specialises in growing businesses by transforming the way they connect with their customers. Our team is made up of multidisciplinary specialists across strategy, creative, technology and engagement. It's our coming together day in and day out that gives us our unique perspective for telling stories, crafting journeys and architecting solutions for our clients and their customers.
About the role.
As a Senior Account Manager you are deeply involved with our clients’ businesses acting as their advocate and partner throughout the relationship. You are responsible for nurturing and growing your clients’ business, as the face of Flight in the agency-client relationship. You will focus on long term strategic partnerships and become advisors for their clients with a deep level of understanding of their clients' priorities, challenges and vision. Your focus is to identify and develop new opportunities and turn these into new business through pitches and presentations. As a Senior Account Manager you will ensure that the work we deliver provides real value, measurable results for the client and commercial results for the agency.
What are my responsibilities?
In this role you'll own a portfolio of clients, supporting campaign and project delivery and ensuring we engage with our clients for the long term, renewing contracts in a timely fashion. You'll be involved in new business development, agency partnerships and client workshops. You'll have the opportunity to contribute to the business direction as well as to support in mentoring and growing upcoming talent in your team.
What does the future look like at Flight?
Our focus for the coming years is to expand our global footprint, partnering with clients and agencies across NZ and around the globe to make crafted, contextual and personalised digital experiences the new normal. Our investment into headless technology to enable better, personalised and self optimising digital experiences is a key value proposition for entering new markets and making the most of our own.
Life at Flight.
We're committed to building a vibrant agency culture, because we believe great culture fosters great work. This culture and the quality of the people who work here are Flight's point of difference and the biggest reason we feel confident making the promise we do.
We've recently moved into new offices at Beresford Square, just around the corner from the bustling K Road. Our space has the usual agency perks like dogs, free snacks, regular social events, beer on tap and pool. Most of our team work 4 days in the office and one day at home each week and we wrap up at 3pm every Friday, regardless of the season or time of year.
We have a strong coaching culture and aim to ensure that each team member clearly understands what the bigger picture looks like for both the business and for them.
Getting in touch.
If you're an ambitious Account Manager looking to step up or a Senior Account Manager looking for change, this could be the role for you. Also if you're in Marketing, Digital or Business Development and this opportunity gets you excited, we want to hear from you.
To request a full position description, pop an email over to email@example.com
Mid-weight Designer (contract)
Flight is a dynamic digitally-led marketing agency. We are a team of storytellers, engineers, dreamers and doers united by a passion for solving meaningful problems, and driven by a desire to make a difference.
The Mid-weight Designer role contributes to all areas of the business including branding, graphic design, UI design and animation. This role would suit an ambitious designer, looking to take the step into a more senior role. You’ll be a communicator of ideas, purpose and stories. You’ll enjoy translating briefs into strong visual communication pieces and be comfortable working independently, as well as collaborating with the team.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience within a relevant design field
- A progressive thinker who likes to push the boundaries, and consistently strives to gain competence in your craft, taking all opportunities to expand your experience.
- Enjoys collaborating with peers and clients to solve design challenges.
- Takes pride in creating well-crafted design solutions for static and animated brand and marketing assets.
- Excellent communication skills to present conceptual ideas and design rationale to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong and collaborative relationships, including supporting junior creatives as and when required.
- Strong project management skills to deliver briefs within specified timeframes and budgets.
Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and portfolio letting us know why you are the person we have been searching for.
Heads up, you must have the legal right to work in NZ to be considered for this role.
SEO Specialist (contractor)
SEO Specialist (contractor)
We’re seeking an experienced SEO specialist who will be responsible for leading and managing the execution of SEO activities such as content strategy, link building, keyword strategy and technical implementation to increase exposure on behalf of our clients. You will have a good understanding of the wider Google Product Suite and be comfortable working within Google Ads, Google Analytics, Search Console and third-party tools.
You will have the confidence and ability to make data-driven decisions in real-time and offer quality feedback to our team around the performance of creative, comms, user experience and technology. You’ll be someone who thrives in a meritocratic working environment, who isn’t afraid of pushing the boundaries, asking the hard questions and celebrating the wins.
- Develop optimisation strategies that increase a website's organic search results rankings and monitor performance metrics to understand SEO performance.
- Conduct research to assist in the writing of high-quality website content or optimise existing landing page copy for SEO success.
- Recommend and update website content and links for maximum optimisation and search engine rankings with the assistance of internal and external partners.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimisation with internal and external teams to drive SEO in content creation and planning.
- Employ user experience (UX) and conversion rate optimisation methods to turn visitors into more active users and to help improve website performance.
- Uncover opportunities to optimise website architecture٫ content٫ linking and other factors in the interest of improving SEO positions for target keywords.
- Develop content marketing strategies alongside creative and tech teams to ensure SEO best practices are met.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed websites.
- Through the use of tools such as SEMRush, Moz and Screaming Frog audit and make recommendations for an implementation plan to improve SEO performance.
- Contribution to the development of Flight Digital as a business, offering feedback and recommendations for systems, processes and efficiencies.
- Assist in strategy workshops as well as strategy documentation.
- Develop and drive growth and performance plans, processes, and strategies that improve results for clients, while assisting the growth of the client portfolio.
- Work closely with our client services team to develop proposal/presentation content and strategy for new business pitches.
- Work to stay current with industry trends and best practices to proactively sell fit-for-purpose solutions and innovation.
- Own the success and performance of a portfolio of the business.
- 3-5 years of proven SEO experience in a data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency or similar, in the search environment.
- Understanding of Google Suite (Google Ads, Google Analytics, Google Search Console etc).
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM.
- Understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking methods.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to ensure SEO best practices are properly followed in the development of a website.
- Have the ability to review an existing website and interrogate elements such as website architecture, landing pages, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Experience in SEO tools such as SEMRush, Moz, Screaming Frog.
- Strong time and expectation management skills.
Get in touch at email@example.com .
Can't see your role listed?
We're growing quickly, which means the next position is usually right around the corner. If you think you might be a good fit for Flight, sing out - we'd love to hear from you.