17 Jul, 2019
15 Statistics That Show the Importance of Local SEO in New Zealand.
What is Local SEO?
When you’re looking for a local business to fix the crack in your smartphone, or bake a Paw Patrol cake for your kid’s birthday, how do you find it?
You pull up your favourite search engine for some online research, of course.
Phone Repairs Mount Eden
Cake Shop Auckland
Your customers are no different. When they’re looking for a product or service, region specific, they’re often going online to find it.
SEO is Always Working For You.
Did you know that 88% of consumers who do a local search on their smartphone will either visit or call a store within a day? In fact, nearly 46% of all Google searches are seeking local information.
A strong local SEO strategy is key to driving more people to your store, whether you have one store or five hundred. Take a look at these 15 local SEO facts and see why utilising SEO could help your organisation. (And learn which parts of your site to optimise for local searches).
15 Local SEO Stats
- 46% of all Google searches are looking for local information.
- 72% of consumers that did a local search visited a store within five miles.
- 97% of people learn more about a local company online than anywhere else.
- 88% of searches for local businesses on a mobile device either call or visit the business within 24 hours.
- 61% of mobile searchers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile-friendly site.
- By 2021, mobile devices will influence more than $1.4 trillion in local sales.
- 18% of local smartphone searches led to a purchase within a day, whereas only 7% of non-local searches led to a sale.
- 78% of location-based mobile searches result in an offline purchase.
- “Near me” or “close by” type searches grew by more than 900% over two years.
- 72% of computer or tablet users and 67% of smartphone users want ads that are customized to their city or zip code.
- Local searches result in purchases 28% of the time.
- Search result information will send 70% of consumers to a physical store.
- 92% of searchers will pick businesses on the first page of local search results.
- Global retail ecommerce sales will reach $4.5 trillion by 2021.
- 4 in 5 consumers use search engines to find local information.